Saturday 31 March 2012

3 Weeks Work Experience...

Some work experience was brought to my attention from my tutor, to work on a project that's coming to the north east for 3weeks filming work. I sent off my CV to them, and shortly was invited for a short meeting/interview. I was welcomed into the art department working as a trainee and set dresser.

I was working on the 4 part Documentary 'Storm City 3D', creating the sets/scenes for the floods episode. I was given the responsibility of buying items and props to dress the set with, and then helping out with the building and decorating work. This was a really enjoyable experience that helped me to gain a lot of knowledge and understanding of the work that goes on in the art department, as well as good on set experience. I made some great contacts, and although it was new and challenging for me I loved every second of working on this project! I will keep you updated on when the documenry will be shown!

No comments:

Post a Comment