Tuesday 15 November 2011

What I Have Been Up To ..

It has been a while since I have posted on my blog, but i have been really busy lately and cant wait to fill you in on all the exciting things i have been up to.

I have been researching a lot of Victorian styles, homes and designs for my new Set Design brief. We are currently working to create a set for the Theatre Royal in new castle for a new up coming production called 'Is Any Body There?' I have been working and designing layouts for the set and will post some photographs up of my first  rough ideas and sketches.

I have also been working really hard making an Automata for Prop Design. creating and understanding mechanisms, and how they work is a really employable skill in the prop industry. Part of the module we have just completed gave us a chance to experiment and create our own mechanism. Coming from a Heavy TV and Film Production back ground this was a new challenge for me and it gave me the chance to work in a workshop environment, getting use to different materials and machines, and to be hones t i really enjoyed it and was really pleased with my final piece and how it turned out. Even though the original idea for my automata didn't totally go to plan, i still managed to get a working finished piece. This is what my final one looked like.











No comments:

Post a Comment